Friday 7 January 2011

Italia.... How I miss her beauties....







I have such an admiration for Italy that certain people ( you know who you are!) cannot understand why I get offended when they compare it to parts of London.
London may have certain streets that are alright but they are just for the really rich and most are owned by Arabs like Knightsbridge! But as soon as you turn a corner you see what it really is... a shithole!





How absurd is it to compare the beautiful architecture, climate, landscape, people and the history of Italia.. to London? London is dirty, overpriced, overcrowded and full of rude people and not only that, is there anything decent to look at or to do? While Italy has history and character and the people actually have pride in the way they look and where they live.






My whole love of Italy started very young, when I was about 10 we studied the ancient civilisations and Rome was one that fascinated me the most. How the people were controlled by the emperor and how law was passed and followed and also how deeply religious and superstitious they were but more importantly .. the monuments they built were simply awe inspiring, compared to London where things are built last week and are truly shabby!
Most of these details have faded from my memory, but new loves have replaced them, like their love for life, the architecture, the food and especially their passion towards the game of football, which is unrivalled.






They understand what life is all about, life is not about work, work is just something we all must do in order to continue doing the things we love, unlike here, where people just work until they die. Now I am not so naive that I don't realise that no matter how much I love Italia, it is still very corrupt and political unstable... but the good out weighs the bad and I will always love it and it pains me to be away from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment