Saturday 17 July 2010

Diego's staying!!!




.. Well, I'll wait till the start of the season because you never know in football, they seem to have a pot of cash lying around that will afford them the opportunity to go on a spending spree like Man City. They have spent God knows how much, in bringing Yaya Toure and David Silva and I don't think the latter will have a good spell in the premier league. For one thing they're too yobish and tackles come flying in and they don't play the Spanish "tick-tack" way, in Spain they love to pass the ball around and let's face it... I don't think he'll be given any time or space on the ball, what I foresee is him getting hacked and he'll probably end up with a lingering injury- because that's how people without skill react to people with skills, their mentality is he wont be able to do those fancy moves if he's been chopped to pieces. I may be the only one but I feel incredibly insulted by the sheer amount of money Man City are spending. Talent doesn't have to have a major price tag it already be in your vicinity, all you have to do is open your eyes to discover the diamond in the rough. Like in the World Cup many of the smaller teams got farther because they know how to develop the talent on a minuscule budget. And also another thing never and I mean NEVER use the World Cup as an opportunity to scout new talent. I'm not saying that you can't use it as an indication, all I'm saying is don't buy a player just because he's had a good World Cup, because they may not be able to replicate this performance week in, week out. I'm talking specifically to Juve who are linked with Diego Forlan and Milan who have been linked to Miroklas Klose- both players who are in their 30's. Juve you already have a great Diego, just put some faith in him afterall you did spend £24.5 m on him, you don't need to spend any more money you already have the talent!

No comments:

Post a Comment