Wednesday 13 November 2013

Fino alla Fine Forza Juve

I have been following my beloved Juventus for nearly half my life so I've seen them at their best and worse, what's troubling is that from all reports I could find, they seem to be playing great football yet they are rooted to the bottom of their Champion League group. I watch every Serie A game that comes on TV and have done so for years, so I know how great they can be, but not everyone watches Serie A like me so the Champions Leagues is all they see of Italian football.

After last season when they went further then expected, I was hoping they would be able to go further this year without giving me a panic attack! But it is starting to look like their fate may not be up to them and they made need a bit of good fortune regarding the other teams. From watching them in Serie A, I know they can achieve whatever they set their minds to, but not everyone will think that. There are some people ( who will remain anonymous) believe that Italian football is boring and slow and that it is heavily focused on tactics- well, coming from a fan of the EPL that doesn't really surprise me! All they focus on is pace, which is fine
, don't get me wrong, but you also have to know how to use that pace to the best advantage, there's no point being really fast with the ball and then not knowing what to do while you have it.

Antonio Conte has made sure that his team has speed but also tactical knowledge, they just need that little bit of luck. Do Italian football proud and show them how it's done! I mean you've won two back to back titles which is no easy feat, so I believe you can hold your own in Europe!

No comments:

Post a Comment