Sunday 24 November 2013

Ballon D'or 2013

This award is supposed to go to the player who has had the best performance of the last year, not the last five minutes! If they give this award to Ronaldo it will be just that, don't get me wrong, he's a great player ( but a bigger ass hole!) but what has he really achieve last year, I mean where was he for the big games? It's not as if he won La Liga , The Champions League or win Euro 2012- if I remember correctly he didn't even get to take a penalty against Spain.

On the other hand Ribery was vital in the Champions League and helped Bayern Munich win it and also the League and he has also helped France qualify for the Word Cup. We all know why Ronaldo really wants this. it's because Messi won it more than once and he's jealous, well, in my humble opinion I don't really think Messi deserves it this year.

I don't claim to be as wise as " the powers that be", all I'm saying is that if they decide such awards on the basis of who has is the " hot property" of the last week- they might as well hand them out every week because they will become meaningless. By the way has everyone forgotten about Andrea Pirlo?!! A lifetime achievement award perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment