Tuesday 26 October 2010

Turin 2010...




... Finally after years of dreaming about it I got to go to Turin. It had been three years since I went to Italy and what can I say.... I simply fell in love all over again. Torino may not be a typical tourist destination but that was part of the appeal, actually being immersed with the local people and the culture.. yet I will always be wary about their driving and their lack of respect towards pedestrian crossing, but other then that I loved it!


The Art and beauty was everywhere and it was just confined to museums, it was everywhere, Autumn in Turin was magnificent, and the people were so accommodating, my understanding of Italian is basic at best but they tried to communicate the best they can and they were so willing to help, and coming from a country of rude and arrogant sods, it was a pleasant surprised and I can't wait to return to Italy.
Seeing as this was my first trip with my friend, we weren't that organised so we didn't get around to seeing everything we wanted but we did get enough done and I did find the Juventus store!!! This whole experience taught me about being more prepare and decisive about what I want so to make the most of the three days that I was there, cos let's face it, it does go very quick!! But seeing the majestic Alps and the river Po were simply stunning, which make returning back to the UK all that more depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment