Tuesday 12 October 2010

Finally a happy birthday...


After what seems to feel like a lifetime of planning and negotiating dates, finally I get to go to Turin, the home of my beloved Juventus. In actual fact I had wanted to go for the last five years or so but no one trusted me to go on my own at 21, they thought i'd get lost- I probably would've. But then I tried convincing my older sis to come with me but she was having none of it, to her Turin is more of an industrial town. I however see so much more, I see beauty, history and passion- and let's not forget it's the home of JUVENTUS, whose spirit is embedded in it- also a huge pulling factor as to why I wanted to go!

As my profile stipulates, I adore different kinds of architecture, and well Italy has some amazing brick buildings- and not buildings that were built last week, these are centuries old building with history and art everywhere.

I know not all of Italy is like this but the whole point of travelling anywhere is to experience the whole culture and you start to appreciate your lifestyle. Leaving the best to last, the mountains, Turin is surrounded by the Majestic Alps. Utterly breathtaking, although I am prepare for a lot of fog and mist, considering I'm going at the end of October, but I'll still love it and the food.

I'm sooooooooooooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment