Friday 1 October 2010

The Old Lady..


After the game with Man City, I got to admit I was relieved as through out the game I was on edge, as the defending was still much to be desired. Any time the ball would go near our goal I was left with my heart in my mouth, I just had this sick feeling that someone was going to make a mistake and lo and behold they let in a goal by some British player named Adam Johnson. And now of course every Englishman thinks he's the second coming or something!!
Juve's defence is worrying, how they just give people too much room and space on the ball and how everyone is so often out of position. But the most troubling thing has to be how the Juve players cluster- this than leaves gaps and opportunity for the opposition to get a shot on goal. This is obviously due to a lack of familiarity with the players which will only come with time.
Here's hoping the Old Lady can improve on this by Sunday where they'll face Inter in the Derby D'Italia. And also I have to take back my negative remarks about Alex Del Piero, he was outstanding but can he sustain that momentum? After all it is a very long season.

No comments:

Post a Comment