Sunday 9 August 2009

Serie A has returned! But….

It is only available to people who can afford to pay for it. When I heard that Italian football was returning to UK television, I was ecstatic, but that was soon dashed by the cruel realisation that to have the channel you have to pay an extra charge.

I’m serious, how much more money does this industry have to take from us? The tickets are at outrageous prices, they make a fortune from replica shirt and other merchandise sales and they know how loyal the football fans are so they can milk that for a while, now why in God’s name do they have to take this away from the poor people who can’t afford to see their team live?

Now maybe you’re thinking that if I was such a loyal fan I would do anything to see them play, even pay the ridiculous monthly bill. But I happen to be a person of limited finances, as I’m guessing a lot of other people are following the credit crunch!
This is capitalism at it’s peak!!

No comments:

Post a Comment