Friday 23 August 2019

Healthy ...... but alone??

Ataxia is a horrible disease that is only going to get worse, I ave accepted this but even though I can't stop it from getting worse I can slow down the progression with diet and exercise. This means eating clean organic food and cutting out the junk like sweets, chocolates,cakes etc. Which can make you a bit of an outcast when you have friends who love highly processed and sugary food.

My body is not working well and the signals from my brain to the rest of the body don't always make it, so you see I have to be extra careful about what I put into my body as it's going have some kind of effect on how my body functions.

I also don't eat mean which is an alien concept to these people!! I haven't eaten meat for about 16 years, the main reason behind it is that nearly all the people I know eat meat and most of them have some form of heart disease, so I kind of put two and two together and decided I didn't want that. Plus I didn't need more problems on top of the ones I already have!!

The other issue is that the meat industry is a major pollutant and a huge contributer to climate change.  From the methane the animals belch to the huge swathes of land that is destroyed, I just didn't want to contribute to this inhumane and barbaric conditions these animal are kept, it is a form of genocide and I can't believe there isn't more of an outcry from the public.

Anyway, because I don't want t seem " preachy" I don'r really discuss it. My friends on the other hand can't go a second without mentioning how strange it is that I don't eat meat and to tell you the truth... it's getting rather irritating

People tend to forget about the health benefits of have a cleaner and healthier diet, you have more energy, you skin and hair look and feel different and you can shed some Lbs. Food primary function is to five you energy and to fuel your day, now if the food you're eating means you are hungry a hour later then it is obviously not ding the job and hence people overeat and start to gain weight.

You can exercise 24 hours a day but if you don't change what you eat it wont matter until you change what's on your plate. So for the sake of your health and the health of the planet... take care of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment