Monday 2 September 2013

BT Sport..

... Questionable coverage.

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful that they have decided to cover Serie A it just would be nicer if the
presenter actually knew anything about the Italian game. His knowledge of the Italian game is limited at best and it's hard not  to be a little insulted when he is so surprised when a team scores more than 1 goal. And not to forget that he just spouts cliche' after cliche' because it's obvious he doesn't know what else to say! Sometimes its as if he is watching a different match because some of the things he says doesn't make sense!

I'm glad that the producers of the show have decided to bring in James Richardson, a presenter who know Italian culture and the game, but I'm befuddled that he isn't the permanent presenter for Serie A, it would make sense? I thought after the first week BT Sport would have figured out how to do it but they all still look very awkward and sometimes it is hard to watch or listen!

My final words goes to one Joey Bartan, how in the hell is EPL and Ligue 1 miles ahead of Serie A???!! They may have the most money but believe me, they don't have the most talented players, believe me I've watched a number of EPL games! And if Serie A is so far behind why did PSG do most of their shopping in the penisular i.e Cavani, Silva, Verrati, Ibrahimovich and lavezzi. And another thing, Zidane and Platini both played for Juventus, an ITALIAN team!

But having said that, Italy should try harder to keep it's talent, but it is becoming hard since some teams are playing with monopoly money and can buy whomever they want!

No comments:

Post a Comment