Sunday 3 April 2011

Roma v Juventus- The vital three points



A pulsating game, but I have to admit.. Roma did play some fine football. But the big news was that Juve didn't have Buffon! Apparently he has got a high temperature, I'm guessing all the talk about him leaving for Roma really started to heat up! Like I've said before, it won't be the same without him, but I wont begrudge him if he wants to go and start a new journey.


It wasn't a goal feat like Lazio-Napoli or as instrumental as Milan-Inter, but what this game has done for Juve and their fans, is given them some continuity and has boosted their confidence. Krasic was trying ever so hard that I was just willing him to score just to shut up all his critic and the people who think that all he does is dive. I wanted theses people to realise he has skill, and the fact that this is the second game in a row that he has scored the opener is very encouraging, it shows that he is getting back on form.


I still wasn't all that relaxed when they were up by one goal, because they would so often surrender the lead and end up losing, I'm glad they got out of that habit! They were lucky on a few occasions when Roma ran at them, but Storari was more then up for it, and put in a fine performance. I began to breathe a little easier when Matri scored the second, but when he was running towards the keeper and it was just one on one, a dark thought did flash through my mind-" what if he bottles it?" It did feel like that for a bit, but he didn't and Juve have the much needed win, let's just hope that this good luck continues for the next seven games- then they might actually be able to hold onto a few players!

No comments:

Post a Comment